Chris Zinn is a native Californian and lives in Calistoga. He honed his artistic skills by working 23 years in retail advertising and 16 years as a free-lance graphic designer in San Francisco. He decided to pursue his lifelong desire to be an artist after retiring from the commercial art world in 1997.
Chris has been concentrating on his colored pencil drawings since 1989, when he started attending drawing classes at Napa Valley Community College, and his work is now in private collections across the country. He became a member of the Colored Pencil Society of America in 1991 and was awarded signature status in 1993.
- Calistoga Art in the Park, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Napa Valley Open Studios, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Wine Country Artists, Spring Show, Yountville CA, 2001
- “Ode to the Napa Valley,” Napa Valley Museum, Yountville CA, 2001
- “Celebrate Spring,” Schools of the Sacred Heart, San Francisco CA, 2002, 2003
Colored Pencil Society of America (CPSA)
- 9th International Exhibition, San Francisco CA, 2001
- 10th International Exhibition, Fort Worth TX, 2002
- 11th International Exhibition, Brea CA, 2003
- Signature Member Showcase Exhibition, Delray Beach FL, 2006
- 16th International Exhibition, Seattle WA, 2008